Summer is officially here and it's time to get our seasonal cooking on. While we've stayed cozy all year, we welcome the fresh, the briny and the light back into our lives. While paying homage to winter food, we brighten it up with a summer pasta staple - linguine & clams.
- 1 small bag of pasta clams, scrubbed & cleaned
- 1/2 lb of linguine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup vermouth (can sub white wine)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp of Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp of butter
1. Follow linguine instructions according to package & boil until al dente.
2. Drain linguine and keep aside. Drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking.
3. Place pot on medium heat and add oil olive. Once bubbling, add minced garlic.
4. When fragrant, pour vermouth into pot to deglaze.
5. Reduce heat and add cleaned clams to pot. Cover and allow to simmer for 2 minutes. Give pot a good shake.
6. Season with salt if needed and add half the parsley. Give pot another good shake.
7. Remove from heat and stir in a tbsp of butter to finish.
8. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Serves 2 generous bowls.